This collection of notes began a year ago. By now, I should be able to tell you what this is all about, and I would if I knew. If you’re reading, you’re watching a person think. Not much of an explanation, but it's the best I can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A newspaper test
Jane Austen said that a person who read only newspapers couldn’t be a good conversationalist. To be able to contribute to a good conversat...
-
An appropriate read for Memorial Day? How about Alice Oswald’s long poem Memorial , which recounts how soldiers in the Iliad met their e...
-
Andrew Lang, a Scottish polymath who lived from 1844 to 1912, wrote Letters to Dead Authors . I like the idea of the book, rather than t...
-
Some days you go into the woods and see all kinds of things. Some days you don’t. And then there are days when you don’t see but hear . ...
No comments:
Post a Comment